Thursday, May 13, 2010

Off Broadway & free tix all around nyc

Hello all,

Your faithful broadway critic has expended her horizons towards off-broadway shows and is now willing to hand in her report:

Inner Voice is a 2 act musical. Each act is a 1 woman's story. The first was ok though a little dull, but the second was totally bizarre (which is the reason why I actually liked it better than the first). All in all I think this musical is worth SKIPPING!
It was an hour & a half that I'm definitely not getting back no matter how much I want to....

I have seen 39 steps on-broadway and off. It was so much better on-broadway, but still great off-broadway. This play is hilarious!
The acting is so exaggerated heading towards absurd leaving no choice but to be amused. Playwriting at it's best!

But the best of these three was That Face.
I had no expectations whatsoever since it's a pretty new play that I have heard absolutely nothing about...
The actors were unbelievably good & the play itself left us shocked & disturbed (but in a good way).

If you too would like to get free tickets to see off-broadway shows,
just follow Student Rush on Twitter - http://twitter.com/StudentRushNYC.
They give away tickets to different off-broadway shows almost every day & all you have to do to get them is call whenever you see a tweet about it....

I hope you use this information wisely.

Yours truely,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment